How do I transfer an Employer to my Agency using the online Agency Transfer Form?
Have an authorized representative of the Employer complete the online Agency Transfer Form. This form must be completed, electronically signed and submitted by the Employer's authorized representative only. Please note that Broker-submitted forms will be rejected.
Send the authorized representative the following link to access the form:
This link is also available to Brokers under Broker Resources > Agency Transfer Request.
Who is considered an authorized representative?
We consider the Employer's Human Resources (HR) Manager to be the authorized representative. There are circumstances where someone else may be the signer (e.g., company owner, etc.); however, we will only send the confirmation email to a user with an account that is associated with that company.
What is the transfer process?
We enter all requests in our system within one business day. Then, the transfer will be subjected to our mandatory waiting periods before the Employer transfers to the new Agency. The waiting periods are determined by how the transfer was initiated:
- If a transfer was initiated by a Broker from within the Broker Portal, the mandatory waiting period is five business days.
- If a transfer was initiated by the authorized representative at an Employer from the online Agency Transfer form, the mandatory waiting period is two business days.
An automated notification is then sent to the Employer, the outgoing Broker, and the new Broker.
Please note that the account WON'T transfer unless the Employer acknowledges the confirmation link in the email notification.
Why is there a mandatory waiting period?
The mandatory waiting periods are designed for the following reasons:
- To protect both the Employer as a whole and each employee within the Employer’s information.
- To ensure that the authorized representative at the Employer has enough time to confirm the transfer.
- To ensure that the outgoing Broker can complete any pending business with the Employer.
After the transfer takes place, that Broker no longer has access to the Employer's data
Can the waiting period be waived?
Yes. The waiting period can be waived if:
- The outgoing Broker waives the waiting period by selecting the Expedite link in the notification email
- If the Employer exists but is not assigned to a Broker account, the transfer will happen upon confirmation of the transfer request
- If the Employer has existed for longer than 90 days but there are no Employees in the Employer, the transfer will happen upon confirmation of the transfer request
What happens if the Employer never confirms the transfer?
The request will automatically expire after the mandatory waiting period if it is not confirmed. The Employer will then have to submit a new request and the process will start over.
Does the old Broker still have access to the Employer's data after a transfer?
No. Transfers are permanent. Only the current Broker has access to the data.