Group Plan Assign allows you to affirm the plan elections for Employers. Once Carrier plans and pricing are obtained through a Proposal, you will follow the same steps to assign the plan(s) and set up the pricing under Manage Plans. More information on that process is available here.
NOTE: You may set up the plans and pricing before using Group Plan Assign, or may add the plans via Group Plan Assign and return to the Manage Plans page to update the Employer contribution and Employee monthly premium rates after the plans are assigned. We recommend that you assign plans before using the Group Plan Assign feature.
After you've selected the plan or plans, set up the Employer contribution for the plan(s), and entered the monthly premium rates for the plan(s), you will return to the Client Hub and can begin the Group Plan Assign process.
To access the hub:
- Go to the Employer Listing.
- Locate the Employer and select the ‘Edit’ button to access the Employer Hub.
- In the Employer Hub, select the ‘Group Plan Assign’ option.
On the Group Plan Assign page, you'll see the following items:
- Name of the Employer (in parentheses)
- A link to add plans on the Manage Plan page
- The plan(s) already listed in the drop-down if you followed the steps in Manage Plan
Under Assign to Employees, you'll have the ability to add the plan to Employee accounts. This can be one plan for all Employees or more than one plan for different Employees.
NOTE: You can only assign a plan to an Employee's account if that Employee has accepted the coverage line in their account. This means that under the Coverage Line Name (ex. Medical, Dental, etc) you should see the word Covered. If you see Waived or Not Selected, you WON'T be able to assign the plan.
To assign one plan to all Employees who aren't waiving coverage, first select the plan to assign by clicking the ‘Select’ button. This changes the text to say Selected. Then check the box by the ‘Last Name’ column. The plan name then appears under the ‘Plan’ column.
To see how plans are assigned to dependents, select the ‘Show Family’ button.
If you need to add multiple plans, follow the steps below:
- After assigning the first plan, select the next plan to assign by clicking the 'Select' button. This changes the text to say Selected.
- Check the boxes next to the Employees that will be selecting the newly added plan.
- Once you assigned the plan(s) to the Employees, select Complete Plan Assignment to finish the Group Plan Assign process.
This takes you to the confirmation notice. You must review the notice and complete or cancel to return to the previous screen.
NOTE: You must select Complete to agree to continue with the Group Plan Assign process. If you do not agree, you may use assign plans to administer the plan and have the Employees log in to accept and assign the plan instead.
Once the plan assignment is complete, you can send your completed Employer to the Carrier for enrollment.