This article explains the general process for sending Prescreen or quoting information to a Carrier. This process includes sending Carriers a Medically Underwritten Quote (MHQ).
IN THIS ARTICLE
Prescreen submission basic requirements
Prescreen and quoting requirements will vary per Carrier. It's helpful to ensure the basic requirements below are met to enable data sending.
- The Employer’s Proposal must have a Completed Employee status
- Save contact information for all Carriers you’ll use in the Underwriters page (Will save you time in the long run! Click here for more information)
- If required by the Carrier, have the HR Manager fill out information in the Employer Group Medical Questionnaire (This will be on the HR Manager's Dashboard. Click here for more information)
- Activate DALs for the Employer in order to submit to the Carrier
Once those requirements are met, you'll then be able to submit the completed applications to any Carrier. However, we recommend consulting with your Carrier contacts in case they have any specific requirements for quoting.
You can send forms from the Employer Hub. To access the hub:
- Go to the Employer Listing.
- Locate the Employer and select the ‘Edit’ button to access the Employer Hub.
- In the Employer Hub, select the ‘Send Forms’ option to access the Send Forms page.
On the Send Forms page, you can set up the Prescreen submission for the Employer.
NOTE: Though there’s no limit to how many applications you can submit, you’ll only be able to complete one submission at a time.
For any submission, you’ll select the following:
- The Submission Type – in this case, it will be Prescreen
- The Carrier for the current submission
- The Form for the current submission
Remember, forms with a prepended "~" will NOT map any medical conditions!
NOTE: Make sure you've selected the form needed in the Form dropdown menu. If the Form dropdown menu says [Select], you'll be prevented from sending your submission to the Carrier.
Turn on or off the coverage lines needed for this specific submission in the Coverage Lines to include area.
If you need to add any notes regarding your submission to the Carrier, you can do so here in Notes for Carrier. This will be added to the email that the Carrier receives.
If you need to add any additional required documents (Ex. Employer wage and tax documents) for your Prescreen submission, select the 'Upload Additional File' button. You can also attach files in the Document Center and they'll automatically populate here.
NOTE: We will automatically attach a census for your submission in the Attach Files section. This will attach once you've selected your Carrier and form.
Make sure to select the File Type from the dropdown menu.
In the Recipient section, if you saved a contact in the Underwriters section of the site for a Carrier, you’ll be able to select them from a dropdown menu here.
If you didn’t save a contact in the Underwriters section of the site, you’ll enter the following items:
- First Name of the Carrier contact
- Last Name of the Carrier contact
- Email Address of the Carrier contact
- A password
The Carbon Copy section is optional and is reserved for only one additional address. The Carbon Copy uses the same password as the Carrier contact.
NOTE: Passwords need to be at least 8 characters long and shared with the Carrier contact and/or Carbon Copy (via email or another method).
At this point, select 'Send Forms' on the screen.
A 'Confirm Send Forms' pop-up menu will appear. Review the attachments you're submitting in addition to the Employees' forms.
- If you need to add or remove any of the attachments, select 'Cancel'.
- If the attachments are correct, select 'Send Forms'.
What the Carrier contact receives
The Carrier receives an email with a link to access the Employer’s forms as well as any attachments you sent to them.
After the link is selected, the contact is directed to a page where the password is needed to download the Employer’s forms as well as the attachments.
NOTE: The link must be accessed within 10 business days or it will expire. The link may only be accessed for 5 clicks, after which the user cannot access the Employer’s forms and attachments due to security protocol.
The Carrier will then review all the information sent and contact you with the official quote documentation for the Employer or if they have any additional questions.