After generating a Proposal, you can download it and make additional edits/customizations in Microsoft Excel. When ready, you can convert the proposal into a PDF, or other format of your choosing, and present it to the Employer.
If the proposal is missing any products, you will need to log in to your Broker account and add them. See this article for more on adding products to a proposal.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Downloading a proposal
To start, you need to add products to your Employer's Proposal. See this article for more information.
- Select Proposals in the left-hand navigation to access the Proposal Listing.
- In the Proposal Listing, locate and edit the Proposal.
- In the Proposal, navigate to Step 6: Generate Proposal.
- Select the 'Proposal' button to download an Excel® spreadsheet of the proposal’s products.
- You can change the Proposal Template by selecting the arrow next to the Proposal button. Proposal Templates change what information is shown and how it’s organized in the proposal. See this article for more on Proposal Templates.
After downloading the proposal, open the file to review its contents. You will notice that it’s organized into three tabs:
- Medical Plans: Provides you a relative composite rate based on Illustrative Rates for an Underwritten Product.
- Employee Breakdown: Provides you with the cost based on age banded rates (if applicable) and composite rates based on the Employee and Dependents combined.
- Family Breakdown: Provides you with the cost based on age banded rates (if applicable) and composite rates based which are separated per person.