If you're using a third-party tool for ongoing benefits administration, you can lock the Employee Interview during the QLE (Qualifying Life Events) period to prevent Employees from requesting changes outside of Enrollment.
NOTE: You will need to temporarily unlock QLE for new hires so they can complete the initial Employee Interview.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to lock Employee Interview during QLE
You can lock the Employee Interview during QLE in Client Details.
To access Client Details:
- Go to the Employer Listing.
- Locate your client and select the ‘Edit’ button to access the Employer Hub.
- In the Employer Hub, select the ‘Client Details’ option.
- NOTE: To access this option, the Employer must have at least one open Proposal, and the Medical Health Questionnaire turned on. See this article for more information.
- In Client Details, navigate to the Workflow Options section and check the ‘Lock Employee Interview during QLE Period’ box.
- Save changes.
You can turn it off or back on at any time. Please note that enabling this option will prevent new hires from completing the initial Employee Interview.
What Employees see when the Employee Interview is locked during QLE
When the ‘Lock Employee Interview during QLE Period’ Workflow Option is turned on, Employees and new hires will no longer be able to request changes to the Employee Interview after the Workflow Effective Date.
Instead, Employees and new hires will see the following screen:
NOTE: For new hires, you will need to temporarily unlock the Employee Interview during QLE so they can complete the initial Employee Interview.